As a real estate professional, you know searching for real estate-related information on the Internet has become an important part of the home buying process. Whether it’s to find an agent, view listings or educate themselves about real estate, home buyers are exploring online content more frequently to find what they need. According to the 2014 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, as shared by the National Association of Agents:
- 92% of home buyers used the internet at some point during the home buying process.
- 50% used a mobile website or app during the home buying process.
- 43% of home buyers chose to look at homes online as the first step in the home buying process.
- 12% of home buyers looked online first to learn more about the home buying process.
Having a real estate agent website makes it possible to supply these potential clients with information they are searching for and establish a connection in doing so; however, if that is not enough, here are four specific reasons why all agents should have a personal real estate website:
1. Agent Websites Are a Resource for First-Time Buyers
As previously stated, 12 percent of home buyers start their journeys with an online search to learn about the overall home buying process. A personal agentwebsite is a great channel to attract and educate potential clients who are new to real estate. Specifically, agentsshould try to include a blog on their site. A blog is an ideal platform for sharing helpful content, and it can also help you generate top of mind awareness with your website visitors.
For example, first-time home buyers might conduct searches based on the following questions:
- What are the benefits of buying as opposed to renting?
- Why should I consider using a real estate agent?
- What costs do I need to consider when buying a home?
- What are some considerations to keep in mind when shopping for a home loan?
- Which type of mortgage makes the most sense for me?
Providing thoughtful answers and advice in these areas can help establish your credibility, which is crucial to building relationships with potential home buyers. While those who are in education-mode may not be prepared to commit to an agentor a property just yet, your shared expertise will help keep you ‘top of mind’ with potential clients, once they are ready to move forward in the home buying process.
Your IXACT Contact agent website comes pre-loaded with 16 pages of professionally written content. The included material is valuable to all your website visitors, including first-time- home buyers.
2. Agent Websites Help Leverage Local Searches
One major advantage of the Internet in relation to real estate is that it allows home buyers to quickly and easily seek out agents and/or properties by location. Having a personalized website enables you to optimize for any local searches home buyers choose to conduct. For example, a person looking to buy a home in Orlando, Florida might opt to narrow down their results by doing a search for “real estate agents in Orlando” instead of just “real estate agent”.
By making sure your website content includes the city and state in which you work, you will be better able to attract clients looking to purchase a home in your area.
3. Agent Websites Help Establish Your Personal Brand
While it is important to share your industry expertise, it is equally as important to share your personality, or, personal brand. This is a great way to differentiate yourself from competing real estate professionals and connect with prospective clients on a deeper level. For example, home buyers with children are likely to relate to agents who have families of their own. Individuals looking to downsize may gravitate toward agents who express their passion for working with “empty-nesters.”
A real estate website offers a great platform for sharing who you are, what you value, and anything else that makes you unique or relatable. Develop an “About” section to display:
- Personal information you would like prospects to know.
- How many years of experience you have in real estate.
- What your core values are.
- What makes you passionate about real estate.
- Who your ideal home buyers are (i.e. first-timers, families, singles, empty-nesters).
- A photo of yourself.
In addition to the above information, you can also post testimonials from past clients to help verify your reputation, as well as links to your social media channels.
Your IXACT Contact agent website can be customized to match your personal brand. Choose from attractive templates and color themes, add your logo and headshot, and your website will be an accurate portrayal of you!
4. Agent Websites Can Support Automatic Lead Capture
In addition to attracting prospects, a real estate agent website is ideal for efficiently capturing high-quality leads. This is made possible by incorporating online contact forms for buyers or even sellers who come to your site and are interested in learning more about your services. Each time a form is completed, you will receive an email notification so that no lead goes unnoticed.
Capturing leads through an integrated website also enables you to automatically add new contacts to your real estate CRM, like IXACT Contact, or assign them to a relevant email nurturing campaign.
From connecting with first-time home buyers, to showing off your personality, to CRM and email marketing integration, it is clear that having a personalized agent website holds many advantages. In fact, not having one is likely to put you at a great disadvantage as you run the risk of losing business to competitors who have an established digital presence.
By having your personal website you will:
- Provide important resources for home-buyers that will make them more likely to trust you and work with you.
- Be able to better optimize searches and improve your SEO rankings.
- Establish your personal brand.
- Effectively capture digital leads.
Learn more about the benefits of having a website and learn how to easily set up a customized, mobile-friendly agent website. Start your FREE 5 week free trial of IXACT Contact now.