Your database is your Personal GoldMine. Managing this list daily will always generate a large percent of your business. People that know, like, and trust you already want to do business with you. Consequently, it makes sense to grow your IXACT Contact database on an ongoing basis – consider them your People Farm.
Here’s 6 “growth guidelines” to help you do just that:
- Who should be on your list? Everyone who knows you. Who are they?
- Past clients
- New leads
- Old leads
- Social networking
- Service providers
- Service clubs
- Prospecting contacts (example: open house leads)
- Business acquaintances
- Internet contacts
- In other words – EVERYONE
- Everybody knows at least 100 more people than they have on their list. Remove your filters (your accountant, neighbors, people from school, etc.).
- The rule: — add everyone you can to your list. When in doubt … add them. You can always remove them later if necessary.
- Make sure everyone has a mark over date for follow-up. Be sure to call them on the exact date you had originally designated. NO Excuses.
- Make a commitment to add one person a day. Use the above list as a reminder.
- CRITICAL POINT: Remember, just because they are not moving does not mean you should not add them to your list. Fact: there is a much better chance they will refer you to someone than move themselves in the next 12 months.
Be sure to stay with in touch with this ever-growing asset. Consistent personal contact and emails is critical. Nurture your relationship by providing added value on an ongoing basis. Be the “go to person” they think of automatically when you are needed. NO Excuses.
Need a good CRM to help you manage and build your Personal GoldMine? Give IXACT Contact a try!