In this blog post we’ll explain one great way you can use your real estate contact management software to earn more referrals and repeat client transactions (repeat business).
But first, let us set the stage.
The Challenge with Moving into a New Neighborhood
One of the toughest challenges facing someone who has just moved into a new neighborhood is making neighborhood friends. This is especially true for kids. It’s the “stranger in a strange land” syndrome.
The tasks that need to be done in the busy weeks and months following a move — unpacking, decorating, finding your way around — only compound the problem.
As the knowledgeable neighborhood Agent, you have an ideal opportunity to help.
How? By using your real estate contact management software to plan and organize a housewarming party for your client.
Using Your Real Estate Contact Management Software to Plan a Housewarming Party
Housewarming parties are particularly effective as a referral and repeat business strategy because the great service you provided during the transaction will still be fresh in your client’s mind.
He or she will typically speak highly of your services to those who attend the event. You may not get a new client right away, but you’ll probably get some leads and referrals. You’ll build a lot of client loyalty, too.
A housewarming party is a casual event where you invite the neighbors to drop by and say hello. Here are some tips to keep in mind when you’re preparing for the party:
- Keep it informal. The event should be relaxed and casual so people will feel comfortable dropping by.
- Schedule it in the late afternoon, ideally between 3pm and 5pm. More people will come if they feel they’re not committed to an entire evening. Afternoons are the best time for kids, too.
- Send out invitations to the homes in the neighborhood.
- Invite your client’s friends, even if they don’t live in the area. This will make things more comfortable for your client.
- Arrange for light snacks and drinks.
- Be a good host. Do the introductions as neighbors arrive.
With your real estate contact management software, you can outline all the steps involved in planning a housewarming party. The system will remind you when a task needs to be completed. You can also use the software to send out personalized invitations to people you’d like to invite to the party.
Takeaway point: A housewarming party is a great way to build client loyalty, make new contacts and attract more referrals.
[stextbox id=”info”]”A housewarming party is a great way to build client loyalty, make new contacts and attract more referrals.” [Tweet this][/stextbox]
Have you ever thrown a housewarming party? Are you considering throwing one? Leave a comment below!