One of the questions I’m asked all the time by Agents is “what information about my clients should I add to my real estate software, beyond the obvious name, address, phone numbers, email address?” These agents want to improve their real estate marketing efforts and have more meaningful and personalized interactions with their clients. It’s a good question, so I’m going to share you the IXACT Contact “Top Ten Things To Learn About Your Clients And Add To Your real estate CRM“:
1. When you last spoke with them and what you discussed
2. Their birthday, and that of their spouse
3. The names and interests of their children, and any other family members living in their home
4. Their wedding anniversary date, if married
5. The names of any referrals they have passed your way
6. Where they work and what they do for a living
7. Their interests and hobbies outside of work
8. The date they moved into their current home
9. Details about their current home and their vision of their “dream home”
10. Details about their mortgage such as the amount, term and interest rate
Of course, when you start on your journey to contact management mastery, you probably won’t have this kind of info on most of your contacts. So what do you do? The key is to view this as a process that you will work at over time. It may sound daunting, but you’ll be amazed at how easily and quickly you’ll start to gather this kind of information once you start to focus on it. I’ll get into more detail on how you gather this kind of information on future posts.
What do you think of our Top Ten? Did we miss something that would be on your Top Ten list? Let us know! As always, if you’re not already using IXACT Contact, sign up for a 5-week trial here!