Keeping in touch is so vital to getting referrals and repeat business from past clients. Agents often know this but still put all their time and energy on client acquisition (getting new clients) and very little time into client retention (retaining past clients so they’ll use your services again and refer you).
Keeping in touch can be anything from:
- A quarterly check-in call
- A monthly real estate newsletter
- Direct mail to your best clients (your “A-List”)
- An email asking how a client’s son’s baseball tournament went
- A letter inviting your client to a client appreciation lunch or dinner
- A happy birthday, happy new year, or happy anniversary card
The keep in touch activities listed above are easy to plan and execute, especially with a real estate contact management system.
Here is how your real estate contact management system makes it easy to keep in touch:
- You can easily outline all of the tasks involved and get automatic prompts so no detail falls through the cracks.
- You can organize who you’d like to invite to a particular event and get really specific if you choose (for example, all clients who’ve sent you referrals over the past six months, everyone on your son’s soccer team, or all of your A-List clients).
- You can maintain a record of your keep in touch activities with everyone in your database and see at a glance a summary of all your interactions with a client over time.
- You can use one of our drip marketing campaigns to ensure you’re staying in touch with your contacts via email. With drip campaigns, emails get sent out at scheduled periods; which will save you a whole lot of time!
The bottom line is that staying in touch with past clients doesn’t have to be hard or intimidating. There are many things you can do to keep in touch that involve very little effort on your end.
How do you keep in touch with past clients? Please leave a comment; we’d love to know your thoughts!
By the way, be sure to check out this great video: Auto-Pilot Marketing in 3 Easy Steps.