Today’s new breed of web-based contact management systems (also known as CRMs) have many advantages over traditional PC-based purchased software, and saving money is just one them. Let’s take a look at some of the top reasons why a hosted or web-based CRM is your best bet:
1. Less risk. When you purchase PC-based software, it’s forever. Whether you like the system or don’t like it, you’ve made a monetary investment that you can’t get back. With hosted solutions, you pay a monthly fee to use the software, there’s no long term commitment, and you can typically cancel at any time without penalty, so overall risk is much reduced.
2. No installation or setup required. Imagine the time you’ll save. You simply log into the system online and you’re good to go.
3. Access the system from anywhere. You’re never tied down to one computer. You can access your database from wherever you happen to be, on any computer, including the latest iPads and tablets computers, as long as you have an Internet connection. You’ll always be organized and in-tune with your business. When you factor in wireless sync capabilities, you’ll love how easy it is to change or add information to your database on the road.
4. Your data is safe and secure. Web-based systems are hosted in secure data centers with data security and privacy protection far beyond what you could ever create on your own PC. In addition, your data is backed up on a daily basis. With hosted systems, system security, maintenance, and upgrades are all taken care of for you. All you have to focus on is using the system itself to manage and grow your business.
5. Upgrades and support are included. With web-based CRMs, your monthly fee usually includes an ongoing stream of product enhancements and upgrades, and unlimited phone support. With purchased software, upgrades must be purchased and can be VERY expensive, and you usually have to buy an annual “service plan” or pay on a per call basis ($75 per call is not unusual) if you want phone support.
If you’re looking for a really robust and easy to learn and use web-based real estate software, there’s a good chance IXACT Contact will meet your needs. You can sign up for a 5-week risk-free trial here!