Real estate agents do their best to present a professional, successful image. In fact, there’s such a uniform effort to appear like a successful agent, who belongs to a successful company, that most agent branding and marketing looks the same to the consumer.
In NAR’s Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, only 3% of consumers chose an agent because of their company affiliation, or brand. There is plenty of opportunity to capture leads and win new business, if you can stand apart from the crowd! This is especially important for newer agents who lack bragging rights on experience, professional designations or sales.
Here are a few ways you can make yourself memorable to clients:
1. Be authentic. It’s good to be professional, but don’t turn your client presentations into an “act.” Clients will do business with you if they like you, and they’re more apt to like you if you’re genuine.
2. Dress for success, but fit your own style. A polo shirt and khaki pants may work better for you than a suit and tie.
3. Instead of launching into an immediate sales pitch, tell a short story about yourself. Where you came from, how you got into real estate, and why you love doing what you do.
4. Show sincere interest in your client’s well-being. Don’t just ask them the usual canned questions – ask them how they feel about buying or selling, and moving. Empathize with their emotions, address their concerns. Show that you care!
5. If you lack the professional designations and experience of your local competition, highlight your brokerage and the experience of your support team. Share your other pertinent career experiences involving negotiation, project management, marketing, sales, ect.
6. Always show appreciation and gratitude.
7. Stay in touch with an intelligent real estate CRM like IXACT Contact. Staying at the top of mind of your clients helps you obtain repeat business and referrals!
Being memorable doesn’t require gimmicks, flashy clothes or major personal makeovers. Be yourself, be sincere, and treat your clients with the utmost care. Show your clients that they remain important to you, by staying in touch with a CRM.
Why not see what IXACT Contact can do for you? Sign up today for the free 5-week trial!
Carrie Gable & the Real Estate Virtual Assistant team at RealSupport, Inc. work virtually for many top real estate agents & brokers nationwide, offering marketing campaigns, branding, website & logo design, listing marketing efforts, lead management, technical support, marketing presentations, social media setup & management, copywriting, blogging and much more.