Organization isn’t always easy, especially when you’re a busy Agent. Here’s a checklist to make sure you get and stay 100% organized and in control of your business.
1. Use your real estate CRM to store and manage all of your transactions, including third parties related to a transaction, showings, and contracts.
2. Assign everyone in your database to some form of drip marketing campaign, so while you’re busy on the road showing homes, you’re keeping in touch with people at the same time. A professional monthly e-Newsletter is a simple approach that can work for everyone.
Alternatively, drip email campaigns designed specifically for different types of leads, such as FSBO’s and expireds, can also be very effective. Drip campaigns are easy to set up and are an excellent way to keep in contact with people, especially if you’re short on time!
3. Schedule and set reminders for meetings and appointments. It’s also a good practice to call your best clients (your A-List) once a quarter. Schedule these calls to so you don’t forget.
4. It’s hard enough remembering what you had for lunch last week, let alone when your clients’ birthdays and home purchase anniversary dates are! Try to record this information in your real estate CRM so you can get reminded when these key dates arise.
5. Assign all of your listings and active buyers to an appropriate listing or closing Activity Plan. This will help you make sure that no detail falls through the cracks when you go to list and close a home. Once you’ve used listing and closing Activity Plans, you won’t know how you lived without them!
6. Run reports to see who’s referring you most often (your best clients) and where your clients are hearing about you. This will provide you with insight into your business and guidance on where/ what to focus your efforts on. You’ll be able to see what’s working and what’s not.
We also recommend you run a report of all your closed transactions so you discover the average selling price of the homes you’ve listed, the average time homes you’ve listed have been on the market, and more. This data is great for any marketing that you’re doing or plan to do.
Are you doing any of the things on this checklist already? Let us know by leaving a comment below!