Many of you may have seen some of our blog posts on ActiveRain. In fact, we’re quite active in this online community. We were reading through various posts and came across some great ideas for closing gifts. Take a look at what, in our opinion, are the “best of the best” closing gift ideas:
- Dawn A Fabiszak of Denver, Colorado supervised the construction of her client’s new home and documented the process along the way, creating a beautiful photo album. You can imagine how surprised and elated the client must have been when she received this unexpected gift!
- Tammy Lankford of Lake Sinclair, Georgia offers to be completely at her client’s disposal after they’ve purchased or bought a new home from her. Tammy says to clients, “I come with the house,” and has done everything from meet with carpet cleaners to scoop out kitty litter boxes!
- Gabrielle Kamahele Rhind of Tucson, Arizona, created a house warming party for her client with all her client’s family and friends. After the party, Gabrielle sent a DVD and photo cards of that day along with personalized photo stamps.
- Barb Van Stensel of Chicago, Illinois, did everything she could to successfully help her client get a bank loan. Barb went above and beyond and will surely always be remembered by her client (and we’re sure they were very grateful)!
- Gerry Michaels of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, knows how much people love their pets. He presents his clients with personalized door mats of their pet and the pet’s name.
- Gayle Rich-Boxman of Vernonia, Oregon, gives a gift that certainly brings a smile to her clients’ eyes. Gayle gives a Gurgle Pot which is a fish-shaped vase (with the fish’s mouth wide open). The Gurgle pot represents Fishhawk Lake – the community the client moved into. When you fill the Gurgle pot with water and pour the water out of the fish’s mouth, it actually gurgles. Talk about being memorable!
At the end of the day, it’s all about relationship-building and closing gifts are a great way to “wow” your clients and stay memorable in their mind.
Agents who excel at relationship-building and maintaining lifelong relationships with their contacts get the most referrals and repeat business.
Of course, it goes without saying that you should record the gifts you give to clients in your real estate contact management system!
What closing gifts do you give?